This article will show you how to do the following:
- Create a new Call Queue
Note: Only account Administrators are able to create/delete call queues. Managers are able to edit existing queues that they manage.
- Login to the Audian Portal.
- Click the 9 square button at the top right of the screen.
- Select the Call Center Pro application.
- Click the + New Queue button.
- In the Name field, enter the name for the new Queue.
- click the Call-in Number or Ext. drop-down box.
- Select either Select a spare number or Assign a New Extension.
- Note: To Buy a new number, please contact our Support team at [email protected].
- After selecting the Spare Number or Extension to be used, click Next.
This is where we will set limits on the number of calls that can be in the queue at one time, how long the calls will sit in the queue and other basic and escalation behaviors.
- Set the Call Limit. ( If the call limit is 0, the number of calls that can enter the queue is infinite (or limited to incoming trunk limitations).)
- Set the Queue Timeout. (Maximum Queue timeout is 7200 seconds or 120 minutes)
- The Time out Immediately if Empty toggle will route calls to a callflow/escalation/voicemail, if there are no agents logged into the queue.
- Note: The queue is not considered Empty if an agent in a queue is Globally in an Away state or on a call.
- Zero(0) out to callflow: If this feature is toggled on, callers will be able to press 0 to be routed to an Advanced Call Flow, Device, User, VM Box, Directory, or Group (per Smart PBX Configuration) selected from the drop-down list provided.
- Display Agents to other Agents: This is useful so agents can note the status of the rest of the team, for example if others are away. If enabled, Agents can see other Agents who are members of the queue on the Queue Details page, Members tab.
- Record all calls in this queue: If turned on all calls will be recorded by default. Alternatively, you can set recording options for individual agents under the Call Center Members tab.
- Note: This setting requires the Call Recording application/feature to be enabled on the account.
- Escalation Queue: This will determine what happens if a call reaches the timeout limit in the current Queue. Admins and Managers will be able to see all existing Queues.
- Note: This can be updated later if the escalation queue has not been built yet.
- Escalation Callflow after Timeout: If enabled with a destination, a call in Queue is timed out to the Escalation Queue, and if the call is not answered within the Escalation Queue Timeout (set in that Queue), the call will be redirected to the following Call flow Destination (Advanced Call Flow, Device, User, VM Box, Directory, or Group (per Smart PBX Configuration)).
- Once everything is set as desired, click Next.
Call Routing options
Here we will set how calls are delivered to the available agents.
- Select the preferred routing option, and then click Next.
Here we will add actions to design a media loop that will play for callers who are waiting to connect.
- Click the + Action button.
- Select the desired option.
- Multiple Actions can be set for a chain of events that a caller will hear while they are waiting for an agent.
- Announce Position: This action will announce the callers current position in the queue.
- Announce Wait: This action will announce the estimated wait time based on call queue metrics.
- Play Media File: Options for Media are the Custom uploaded files, the Default Hold music for the account, Silence, or a Stream URL.
- Pause: This will introduce a pause for ( x )# of seconds before moving on to the next action.
- Once all desired actions have been set, click Next.
This is where we will configure actions depending on agents behavior and status.
- Agent Connect Timeout: This setting adjusts how long a call will ring an agent it is offered to before timing out.
- Force Away on Rejected/Missed: This setting will auto switch an agent that misses or rejects a call to Away so that they are not offered more calls.
- Allow Agent Recovery Time: This setting will allow agents an set amount of Recovery time before the next call is offered.
- Allow Recover Time Extension: This setting will provide agents with an option to Extend Recovery Time by the amount of time set.
- Allow Multiple Extensions: This setting will allow the agent to use an indefinite number of Recovery Time Extensions.
This is where you can manage the members/agents that are assigned to this specific Queue. The list of agents shown is determined by the available members added Here.
- Select the users that are to be added to this Queue, set their access (Manage vs Agent), and then click the Assign to Queue button.
- To remove a user from this queue, select the users and then click the Remove Members button.
- After all agents have been assigned, click Next.
Review and Confirm
- The Final step of creating a queue is to review all settings and click Create Queue. Update Queue will be shown after a Queue has been created and edited.
- To edit any step, click the link on the left OR click the Edit icon next to the name of each section.
- No labels